Today the kids and I went to the park on base. We love it there - even when it's hot and humid out, the huge trees provide plenty of shade and breeze to keep us cool. There are tons of slides, swings, stairs, etc. to keep everyone happy and occupied. It's our favorite park, no doubt. Another cool thing about this park is that it sits right by the runway and there are several shaded picnic tables to sit at and watch the planes take off and land. Bruce was scheduled to take off at 10:00 this morning so I got the kids ready and rushed out the door. We got there just in time and found the perfect spot to watch Daddy taxi down the runway and take off. The kids LOVED this. They were waving, blowing kisses, and yelling "Bye Daddy! I love you!" It was really sweet and a fun way to start our day. We hung around the park for a bit and played with the beach toys the Easter Bunny brought us and spent some time on the slides. Here are a few pictures from today and one from Easter morning.
Here comes Daddy!

Poor Kathryn. She was having a good time until the runway buzzers went off. It really scared her!


The park has sand instead of gravel, which gave us a chance to try out our new beach toys.


It's amazing what they can come up with when they put their little heads together.

Happy baby.

And just for fun...
Sullivan's latest trick. I about fainted when I saw this! Check out that cute little ponytail though.

Mommy and her babies after church on Easter. They were ready to eat and not in the mood to pose or stand still. At least I got one with everyone looking at the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment