4.12.2011

Recipe Of The Week

We make a lot of pancakes around here. Why? I don't know. I guess they're quick, easy, I add fruit, use a little light syrup and the kids love them. If I'm going to make one thing that I know they'll all eat and eat a lot of (think before an outing or long car ride), it's pancakes. I love them too and that makes pancakes a winner in my book. So my recipe of the week is blueberry banana pancakes. It's not really a recipe, but we all love these so much I just thought I'd share this with everyone out there. It's an easy way to sneak in a serving or two or fruit and what parent doesn't love that?

Mix your pancake batter, add frozen blueberries (add as many or as few as you and your kiddos like), one smashed banana (I smash with a fork until it's almost liquid) and add to batter, add one or two teaspoons of cinnamon and mix well. Cook on medium until done - I say medium because adding the banana seems to require a little more cook time on the griddle and you don't want to burn the outside before the inside is done. I drizzle just enough syrup on the pancake to give it that syrup taste the kids are looking for and then cut into small squares with a pizza cutter. Heaven!

Sorry I don't have a picture of a cute little stack of pancakes for this post, but they're pancakes - you know what they look like. Enjoy!

No comments: