3.17.2011

Sullivan's One Year Well-Baby Visit

Yesterday was Sullivan's one year well-baby visit (even though she's almost 13 1/2 months old). Our little lady is doing great! She weighed 23.2 pounds (somewhere between the 75th and 90th percentile) and measured 31 1/2 inches long (97th percentile). The fact that she falls into the 97th percentile for height cracks us up because she has my short legs and long waist, but she's really tall! I'll be interested to see how that plays out as she gets older. She's walking all over the place now and has started to lean out, looking more like a little girl and less like a baby every day. She has three molars coming in, one of which has started to break through. Sullivan's second, top lateral incisor is coming in, as well as both bottom lateral incisors. The nurse was amazed that a baby with such red, swollen gums could be so happy, but that's our New-New! I know Sullivan must be in pain, but she's really handled this round of teething like a big girl.

At one year old, Sullivan can say:
Mommy
Daddy
Owie
bye-bye
hi
bath
up
hold me
wa-wa
rock-rock
that
eat
Gigi - her hand blanket
Amen
step
more
five (as in high-five)
uh-oh
bow
boo
hot
hat

Sullivan can:
wave bye-bye
brush her own teeth - or tries to
climb up onto her stroller
climb up onto the bench of the picnic table
do "prayer hands" when we say prayers at night
give kisses and blow kisses
can give a high-five
enjoys "coloring" with Kathryn
defend herself - she's feisty and will squeal and swat at Kathryn, Owen, and Charlie if they get in her way or take her toys

Sullivan loves:
taking a bath
blueberry pancakes, sweet potatoes, cheese, broccoli, peas, cheese grits, grapes (quartered of course!) and applesauce
Yo Gabba Gabba
music - she dances all the time!
getting into things and taking things out of drawers
her Gigi's
rocking on her pink rocking horse
playing outside
jumping in Owen's bed
loving on her baby dolls

Sullivan's schedule at one year:
wake at 8
breakfast, play, or an outing
lunch at 11ish
nap at 11:30 or 11:45
wake at 1:30 or 2:00
snack, play, or an outing
dinner at 5:00 or 5:30
bed at 6:45 or 7:00

I'm excited that she's waking up later in the morning and going down for nap at the same time with Owen and Kathryn. During nap, I actually have enough time to get dressed, clean, and get ready for whatever we're doing in the afternoon. It's wonderful! Maybe this schedule will stick. I talked to the doctor yesterday about catching all of the kids up on their vaccines. We've been following Dr. Sears' schedule and the only thing Kathryn and Owen lack is their MMR vaccine and they'll be ready for daycare/pre-school when we move. Sullivan lacks maybe four or five shots according to the AAP's vaccine schedule. She'll get two or three a month until we leave and then she'll be ready for daycare too. I don't believe there's a link between Autism and the MMR vaccine, but we're going to delay that shot for Sullivan until we know exactly when they're starting daycare. Overall Sullivan got an A+ for her one year visit! We're sad to change pediatricians. Dr. Bristol has been kind, caring and so patient when we bring our whole crew in. I know there are many wonderful pediatricians in Birmingham too - we've already gotten a couple of recommendations and for that I am grateful.

Outings are a little easier these days. With everyone napping at the same time during the day, I can plan something for the morning if I want to. Today it's the park and maybe a hair cut for Owie this afternoon. We did something five days out of seven last week and two out of three days this week. Life is a little bit more manageable as everyone gets a little older. It's a great feeling!

I guess that's all for now. There's an airshow this weekend and I'm sure we'll take the babies up to base for a few hours. I'll try to get some pictures up of that. I know Owen is going to love seeing all those planes up close. Next weekend is my 10k in Mobile; I've got 10 days left to train. It'll be a fun night away for Bruce and me and he's going to run the race with me. There's other stuff coming up, but I'll save that for later. Have a great day!

No comments: