6.16.2011

The Same, But Cheaper

It's no secret that I'm always looking for a good deal. Even if it's just free shipping, I feel like I've won somehow. So when I scored these items for way less than they were going for in another store (*ottery *arn) I felt like I had hit the jackpot!

Our new dining room chandelier...seriously, it's the exact same chandelier that other store was selling, but for $120 cheaper and free shipping!



Our new family room rug. Bruce and I both picked out the rug on the bottom, but at different times. I thought if we're picking out the same rug and not together, that's the rug we need/want! So I went looking for an almost-match. While the rugs aren't exactly the same, they were close enough for us. We saved $200 and got free shipping! Both rugs are 100% wool too, so the quality was the same. It's only a good deal if you're comparing apples-to-apples.





Everything is coming along well with the new house. The painters fininshed last week and our chandeliers for the foyer and dining room have arrived. The window treatments for both kids' rooms and the family room have come in, and the new carpet in the kids' rooms should be down before we move in next week. Sullivan is still using her crib, but Owen and Kathryn will get all new furniture when we get to Birmingham - they are ready for their twin beds and we finally got them a dresser and nightstand! I'm having all three babies' letters painted for their room and I can't wait to see how they turn out. Bruce and I finally ordered the upholstered headboard I've been dreaming of for forever and our rug for the family room should be here soon. The paint alone has made the house look so different - I can't wait to see the house once it's finished and our things are moved in! Here are a few pics Bruce took with his phone last week.

The freshly painted master bedroom...I love this shade of gray!


A picture of the sitting room and dining room - we picked "Kilim Beige" for the sitting room and "Clary Sage" for the dining room.


We chose "Lemon Chiffon" for both kids' rooms...gender neutral and pretty.


I'm really looking forward to seeing the family room now that it's painted. It had wood trim, doors, and window casings and now it's all white to match the rest of the house. Bruce said it really brightened it up that room (it's on the backside of the house) and we picked a khaki color for the walls, but that wasn't up yet when he walked through. All of that should make a huge difference!

I guess that's all of the house updates I can think of for now. Bruce's final flight is tomorrow, I'll try to get pictures of that up this weekend.

No comments: