6.13.2011

Prayers Please

I'm requesting prayers for my Mom today. I got a phone call yesterday from Russ, my stepfather, and I could tell something was wrong immediately. He told me that they were in the hospital in Panama City Beach (on vacation with my Mom's side of the fam) and that my Mom had broken her hip. They were all riding a banana boat yesterday and that's how it happened. She fell off or landed wrong or something, they got her out of the water, back on the boat and drove her to the beach where the ambulance met them and took her to the ER. My Mom is an orthopedic operating room nurse so of course she was set on driving back to Huntsville to have the doctors and nurses that she works with on a regular basis operate on her. In the end though, I think she realized that a six or seven hour drive with a broken hip was not the way to go and she'll have surgery today in Panama City. Russ and my Mom are confident that the orthopedic surgeon who will operate on her will do a great job; that's saying something considering the two of them have spent about 35 years combined, give or take a few years, around doctors and in hospitals. If you know my Mom, you know she doesn't seem like the kind of lady who would break her hip. I was totally shocked when Russ told me what had happened. My Mom is strong, active, energetic, and it just didn't seem possible. My Mom is also very determined and I know she'll make it through this just fine. Please keep her in your prayers!

No comments: