6.14.2011

Mimi Update

My Mom (or Mimi as the babies call her) is doing well today. Her surgery started around 6:00 or 6:30 last night and they were done by 11:30. It took a couple of hours longer than expected, but length of surgery aside, everything went as planned. I took Kathryn to Panama City yesterday, (she does the best with long days, no naps, and long car rides) while Bruce kept Owen and Sullivan in Biloxi. We were able to sit with Mom until they took her to pre-op; Kathryn was even allowed to ride on the stretcher from Mom's room to the pre-op area and I think that cheered Mom up. I talked to Mom this morning and when I asked her how she was feeling she just said "it hurts." If my Mom says something hurts, I know it must really hurt - she's not one to complain! Thank you for all of the prayers, calls, and texts. We appreciate all of the love and get-well wishes. I'll try to post another update in a few days when Mom leaves the hospital.

No comments: