Generally speaking, when people think Biloxi, they think casinos. Well, this town has a lot more to offer than that. Here's a rundown of a few of our favorite places (and by favorite places, I mean restaurants) If you're ever in Biloxi, check them out!
Kenny Ward's on Government Street in Ocean Springs. Without a doubt, the best filet I've ever had in my life! And I'm not just comparing it to an Outback steak either. Their martinis are yummy and the seafood is also delicious if steaks aren't your thing. It's pricey, but worth every penny. Promise!
Darwell's in Long Beach. This restaurant was featured on an episode of Diner's, Drive-In's, and Dives. It's funky, local, and fun. Bruce orders the crawfish etouffe and I order the crab cakes. Both dishes are winners and you can't go wrong with either. Their cajun side dishes complement the main courses perfectly and there's live music most nights.
Tom's Extreme Pizzeria in Ocean Springs. WAY better than any of those chain pizza places and less expensive than Mellow Mushroom. A very good pizza at a very good price...what family doesn't love that. We ordered a cheese pizza and one word sums it up: addictive.
Anthony's in Ocean Springs on Washington Avenue. Gorgeous views, delicious seafood, and great service. Anthony's isn't overly fancy, but the view more than makes up for it. Bruce orders the stuffed flounder and I usually opt for the crab cakes ponchartrain. This place has a special place in our hearts, we ate here the night before Sullivan was born. It's a great date-night kind of place!
Yes Noodle in Biloxi. Bruce doesn't really care for any type of Asian food, but I do. I love it all...Chinese, Thai, Japanese, I think it's all wonderful. Yes Noodle is quick, the portions are large ($8 for an dinner entree that could easily feed two adults), and it isn't heavy. The owner does most of the cooking and is really friendly. To me, a lot of Asian take-out places have a heavy, greasy, artificial taste and Yes Noodle's does not! Give it a shot, I highly recommend the beef and broccoli and the shrimp fried rice.
Tato-Nut on Government in Ocean Springs. Homemade doughnuts - Need I say more? Bruce and I tried Tato-Nut for the first time on our last morning in Biloxi. I can't believe it took us so long to try their doughnuts! It was probably a good thing though, they were yummy.
Mahony's in New Orleans on Magazine Street. So I know this isn't one isn't in the Biloxi/Ocean Springs area, but if you're in New Orleans please have lunch here! Also featured on Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives, Mahony's po-boys are fantastic and so are their sides. It's a little more pricey than your average po-boy place, but these aren't your average po-boys. The day we went, we were in line behind about a dozen locals and when that happens, you know you're in the right place. We order the grilled shrimp/fried green tomato po-boy - perfection!
I started this post about a week ago, so we've already moved to Birmingham. It's just been really busy around here and I haven't had a chance to post until now. I miss Biloxi, but we're loving our new house and settling in well. I'll try to get some house pictures up this week. We've done a lot already! It's starting to feel like our own.
6.21.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment