2.27.2012

Kathryn & Mommy Date

Now that the kiddos are a little older, I'm trying to spend more one on one time with them. They all have their favorite things to do with Mommy and Daddy and some days you can tell they need a little alone time with us. Last week I took Owen out while Bruce's Mom was here and he's still talking about it. We went to the gym, went to a store to pick out a gift for a friend, and went to Starbucks. He got two petite vanilla scones - one of his favorite treats - instead of one like he normally gets when the girls are with us. He talked and talked; he was really happy to finally get a word in without his chatty sisters around! It was the afternoon he needed, but as much as he enjoyed it, I can promise you I enjoyed it more. He is the sweetest little boy in the world!

This week I took Kathryn out and we got pedicures together. I know that's a somewhat extravagant outing for three year old, but I was long overdue for a pedi and they only charged me $12 to do Kathryn's toe nails. She did really well considering it wasn't a "kid spa." She got a little wiggly at the end when they were trying to paint her toe nails, but other than that she was a perfectly behaved little lady. Before we left the house, Kathryn packed her purse with her favorite lovey, Miss Piggy, her pink bouncy ball, a roll of smarties, a Dora book, and a canteen of water. How cute is that? I guess when you're three, you never know when you might need those things! It was a sweet afternoon with Buggy and I don't think I'll ever forget her giggling and squirming when they were scrubbing and rubbing her little feet! Look at my little lady...looks like she was enjoying herself huh?


Up next...
A Sullivan & Mommy Date and family pictures at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. Stay tuned!

No comments: