At three years old, Sullivan weighs 36.8 pounds and is 39 1/4 inches tall. That's 90th percentile for height and weight. She had her blood pressure taken, finger pricked, had to tinkle in a cup, and received her last vaccine until her boosters. The only time she cried was at the very end when she got her Hep A vaccine - she was such a trooper! She followed the doctors instructions perfectly through the exam and was on her best behavior. It was a great well-child visit! Way to go Sullivan!
Two weeks ago we went to the doctor three times. Owen had an ear infection after his cold, Sullivan had a urinary tract infection, and Kathryn was running a new fever after being fever-free for five days and had a bad coughing fit the morning of her appointment. So, we picked up a nebulizer and three different prescriptions after that visit and yesterday everyone had their rechecks. The doctor said Kathryn sounds wonderful! Yay! We'll know in a few days about Sullivan's urine culture, but I'm assuming it will also come back clear. Owen's fine and hasn't complained about his ear since the second day of his antibiotics. Giving three children medicine twice a day and doing three breathing treatments a day made for a wild week around here! We made it through and our babies are feeling better and that's all that matters.
I finally went to the doctor myself yesterday. After wheezing for four days I felt like I might need medicine too. They drew my blood and did a chest x-ray and told me I tested positive for walking pneumonia. Fabulous. They gave me an inhaler, steroid and antibiotic shots, antibiotics, and cough medicine. The crazy thing about walking pneumonia/severe bronchitis is that it's typically just a bad cough and/or wheezing. I felt weak this week and a little out of it, but that was it. I'm feeling better this morning and will probably be back to normal in a day or two.
I'm pretty certain I know where we've picked up these nasty viruses since October. The gym. When Bruce left last fall for his deployment we started going to the gym closest to our house on a regular basis because it was easier. It has the oldest child watch center, with carpet, little ventilation because it's downstairs, and usually the most kids. It's the only place we've gone consistently since September and that's when this all started. That's not to say that the staff there doesn't try to keep it clean or that it's not a really fun place for the kiddos to go, I think it's just the perfect environment for trapping germs. Luckily there are two other gyms we can go to. We haven't been in two weeks and I'll probably keep them out another two weeks before we go to the newer, carpet-free, better-ventilated child watch centers. ;) I'm trying to be positive and I'm assuming this was our last round of illness before spring. Come on Spring! We are ready for your warm days, sunshine, and flowers!
2.15.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment