This little boy also pointed out to me today that we were stopped behind a Lowe's truck. Owen said, "SEWOL that says Lowes." He spelled it out right to left, but he recognized all of the letters. We have been working hard on letter recognition lately. Since I am also their pre-K teacher, it made me happy to know the things the kids and I have been working on are sinking in. They're sharp little cookies and they amaze me daily with the things they've learned and remember.
Another highlight of my day today happened as we were leaving the gym. I sent Kathryn in with a bow and she came out without it, but I didn't realize it until we were at the car. I asked her "Kathryn where's your bow?" She said "In Owen's pocket." Really? I leaned over and gave Owen's pocket a pat and, sure enough, her hair bow was in it. It dawned on me as we were headed home that at some point she wanted to take her bow out or it fell out and instead of taking it to the nursery worker, she asked her brother for help and her brother was happy to help her. I'm sure it was a very sweet exchange...I wish I had been a fly on the wall at that moment.
My sweet twins on a recent trip to the botanical gardens
We're all feeling better now, staying busy, and taking advantage of this beautiful weather with trips to the park and lots of playing outside. School is going well and I'm fighting for that "A" I need before I apply for the nursing program in February. This semester is definitely more of a challenge, but I'm learning a lot and still really enjoying my class. Finding time to study is a little bit more difficult than it was this summer. As it turns out, kids don't care if you need time to study during the day or if you have a test that day. ;) Go figure. Until next time...
Sullivan and Kathryn on the carousel at the Galleria






No comments:
Post a Comment