What? You don't eat breakfast dressed like this?
Mimi (my Mom) came down yesterday morning to hang out with us and we loved having her here. She watched the kiddos yesterday morning while I went to the gym and then to HomeGoods. That might be my favorite store ever. Seriously. I found a mirror for our dining room...just the right size, color, and price. Perfect! I went in for planters for the front porch and left with a mirror, but hey, I needed a mirror so I still consider that a win. After that I came home and attacked the bushes out front. They've grown so much in the last few months and needed to be put in their place. Ha! There's a lot more order in the front flower beds now and the 20 minutes I spent trimming and pruning made a huge difference. You'll probably find this hard to believe, but using a water hose and working in the dirt can be challenging with three toddlers running around. ;) I was able to get all of my yard work done quickly yesterday and today with Mom here to keep the kids occupied.
After my little landscaping session, Mom and I took Owen, Kathryn, and Sullivan to their very first movie! They did so great! We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked. It was a cute movie and the kids had a fit (in a good way) over the popcorn. The funniest part of the whole outing to me was when we walked in the dark theatre, Owen refused to walk down the aisle. I guess walking into a big dark room with a sloped floor would be kind of scary if you were three and didn't know what to expect. He recovered quickly and enjoyed sneaking sips of my Coke once we sat down. With summer coming (and that insane heat that I absolutely can not stand!), it's nice to know we can go to the dollar movies and not worry about wasting our money if the kids aren't into that day or have a melt down. Hooray for the dollar movies!
This morning we went to church and Mom treated us to lunch afterwards. Sunday, for me, is the hardest day of the week without Bruce here. It's such a family kind of day and usually the calmest and most relaxing day of the week in our house. We miss him like crazy every day, but there's something about Sundays that makes us miss Bruce even more than usual. Having Mom here with us today was wonderful, she always finds a way to make us laugh and lift our spirits. What a blessing it is to have family nearby now when Bruce is gone. Thanks for coming to visit us Mimi! We love you.
I guess that's it for now. Bruce should be home one month from today! Yay! I can't think of anything big coming up this week, but I'm sure we'll find something fun to get into. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
5.06.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment