On Sunday afternoon my family and Bruce's parents came down for an Easter egg hunt and cookout. After all that had gone on that morning, it was nice to spend a relaxing afternoon with family, eating and catching up. The babies loved seeing their grandparents and hunting eggs with their uncles.
The Easter Bunny came to see us and left a note and some goodies and ate some of our jelly beans!
Kathryn packed her own backpack for church that morning and apparently snuck some jelly beans in her bag. Hence, the red, "I'm chewing so I can't smile" smile.
We tried with these...dang camera.
Hunting for eggs with Uncle Joey and Uncle Joshua
We took the babies out to Bass Pro Shops to see the Easter Bunny on Saturday and we got there around 4:15 or 4:30, only to find out the big furry dude stopped taking pictures at 4:00. We tried to make the best of it and not waste the hour we spent getting everyone ready and the 20 minute drive to Bass Pro and took some pictures of the kids anyway. Looking at these pictures now, there's a good chance my camera wasn't set properly on Saturday either.
Our trip to Bass Pro Shops...because when I think of Easter, I think of stuffed deer. Not.
She had just found a stuffed baby bear.
LOVE this picture.
My crew.
Owen wasn't really into taking pictures that afternoon. He fell asleep in the car and was still pretty groggy once we got inside and started taking pictures. However, once he found the giant aquarium all was right with the world again. Sweet boy.
Like I said, you could sum up Easter weekend around here with "we tried!" But some days (or weeks or months) are just like that when you have little ones. You do the best you can do and go with the flow. We still made some sweet memories together and the kids had a ball. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. I hope everyone out there had a happy Easter!
Coming up...
K and O's first trip to the dentist
Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment