11.26.2011

Skinny Turkey

So I got a wild hair and decided to run in the Skinny Turkey 10k in Guntersville this morning. I thought it would be a good test and would tell me what kind of shape I'm really in as I start training for the half-marathon. I finished the Azalea Trail 10k in March in 1 hour, 3 minutes, and change. I ran today's race in 59 minutes, 11 seconds!! I was pretty excited as I didn't really train for this race. I've been working out a lot, but running, on average, once a week. Today's race was so different than the race in March. I gave my self two minutes of recovery at the 30 minute mark and walked, I didn't drink water at any point during the race, I did a much better job of pacing myself, I sprinted at the end, and my recovery post-race was much shorter this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm tired and a little stiff right now, but I actually enjoyed this race. It just wasn't as painful as the first one and left me a little more optimistic about the half-marathon. Anyway, here's a post-race shot. (Well, kind of. I had to wait until I got back to Huntsville so Mom could take it for me. I was running solo today.)


1 comment:

Phyllis Ryan said...

Dearest Sarah and Bruce,
Every once in awhile I will check on your blog to see how you and the children are getting on. I enjoy the pictures and of course your comments. I wish you the best in your running. Thank you for letting me have a peek at your life.
Phyllis Ryan