11.16.2011

A Simple Prayer


Bruce's Mom gave this book to the babies a year or so ago and it continues to be one of our favorites. The prayers are sweet and simple...just the way prayers should be. When I read this book to the babies it always reminds me that 1.) I should pray more like a child and 2.) God doesn't expect our prayers to be fancy or formal. He wants to know what's on our hearts and on our minds, to hear us say "thank you," to hear us say "please forgive me," and that we are trusting Him in times of sadness, in times of joy, in times of  prosperity, and in times of hardship and suffering. Out of all the prayers in this book, this is the one that has been on my heart this week.

Please give me what I ask,
Dear Lord,
If you'd be glad about it.
But if You think it's
Not for me,
Please help me do without it.

-Anonymous

Isn't that a wonderful prayer? God hears me, He has a plan for me, and it's my job to remember that even if the answer isn't what I had expected or wanted to hear, God did in fact, answer my prayer, in a way that He saw fit. Who am I to question that?

I hope everyone out there has a happy and safe Thanksgiving! I'm sure I'll have lots of turkey day pictures to post next week. 

No comments: