8.11.2011

Pool Day

Mom and I took the kids to the pool this morning for about an hour. (That's the perfect amount of time...any less just isn't worth the prep, any more is exhausting for everyone involved.) Today was the perfect day to go - cloudy, not too humid, and not quite 90 degress. Owen said he was tired before we even got out of the car and our children NEVER admit to being tired. I couldn't help but wonder what we were in for. Sure enough, he had to make four trips to time-out for throwing his water bucket out of the pool three times and once at me. My little man's got an arm on him; I was shocked at how hard and fast he hurled that thing out of the pool. Anyway, other than that, it was fun! Owen, Kathryn, and Sullivan all seemed comfortable in the water and didn't mind that it was a little more than cool. The kids got a little rough at the end pushing each other over in the pool and running around and I knew it was time to go. The time it takes for something like that to go from being fun and entertaining to someone actually getting hurt and having a meltdown is about four or five minutes. I thought a morning of splashing around in the pool would make the kids sleep longer at nap, but no such luck. In fact, Owen and Sullivan woke up about 30 minutes after Kathryn finally fell asleep. Oh well. Here are the pics from this morning. Enjoy!






Owen had to go to time-out and Sullivan was kind enough to keep him company...she was not in trouble. Now that's a good sister if you ask me!

No comments: