8.01.2011

Favorites of the Week

I love a good gadget or anything that makes my life a little easier. In fact I'm loving these items so much this week that I decided to share them with everyone out there.

1.) The Bounce dryer bar - it's one less thing to worry about when I'm doing laundry (and that's good because I hate doing laundry). I never noticed how many dryer sheets I had until I was down to the last one. Inevitably, it was on a day when I had multiple loads of laundry to do. I personally think the dryer bar's scent is stronger than a sheet and our clothes coming out smelling sooo good. I'm probably the last person to give this thing a shot, but if you haven't...try it, you won't be sorry!

2.) Rowenta hand steamer. My awesome brother Joshua got this for me for my birthday. I have wanted one of these for so long, I'm not sure why I never bought one. So far I've used this on my clothes (just remove that bristle brush at the end) and on curtains. It's fantastic, fast, and easy to use. I can't iron worth a darn so this little puppy and I have really hit it off. My only complaint is that I wish it had a larger water "tank," but I have tackled some bigger jobs with it and frequent refilling should be expected I guess. I think it runs about $30 in stores. If you don't like to iron, you need to invest in one of these.


Enough about that. Bruce came home this weekend and it was such a needed visit for all of us. The kids were squealing "Daddy! Daddy!" as he came out of the airport and I know he loved that. It was a quick trip, only a day-and-a-half, but he'll be back again in a couple of weeks. Naturally, while he was home, I started having car problems, the lawn mower died, and we had to order a new computer as ours is about to quit for good. At least it all happened while he was here to help me. There's this point when the "newness" of Bruce leaving wears off and I realize we're in the thick of it and we're going to be there for longer than we'd like. It stinks. But you can't get to the home-stretch without getting through the thick of it and that's how I'm choosing to look at it. The highlight of his training though is that he gets to come home every few weeks/once a month and you definitely don't get that with a deployment. We're already counting down the days until he comes home again.

I guess that's all for now. I'll try to get some pics of the kids up this weekend. We're going to Huntsville and we're going to take them to pool in Mimi's neighborhood. I know they're all going to love it! I'm also going to spend a lot of time working on my resume and cover letter(s)...it's time to start looking for a job. Wish me luck!

No comments: