The alarm clock idea worked! Owen did get up around midnight, but I walked him right back to bed and told him wait for the alarm to beep before getting out of bed again. Kathryn woke up at 5:30 and I went in and told her it wasn't time to get up yet and if she waited for the alarm to beep, she would get three m&m's. She fussed for another minute or so after I walked out, but then she went back to sleep. When the alarm went off at 6:20, I went in and got K out of her crib. She was saying "Buggy hear it...beep, beep!" Owen slept right through the alarm and came out on his own 10 minutes later. I made a big deal about them being such big boys and girls, high-fived each of them and passed out some m&m's. I know they each woke up once before it was technically time to get up, but we're getting there. It was nice to wake up before them and have a few minutes to have my coffee, feed Sullivan and get my head in the game. It's amazing what a little candy bribe can do!
1.18.2011
It Worked!
The alarm clock idea worked! Owen did get up around midnight, but I walked him right back to bed and told him wait for the alarm to beep before getting out of bed again. Kathryn woke up at 5:30 and I went in and told her it wasn't time to get up yet and if she waited for the alarm to beep, she would get three m&m's. She fussed for another minute or so after I walked out, but then she went back to sleep. When the alarm went off at 6:20, I went in and got K out of her crib. She was saying "Buggy hear it...beep, beep!" Owen slept right through the alarm and came out on his own 10 minutes later. I made a big deal about them being such big boys and girls, high-fived each of them and passed out some m&m's. I know they each woke up once before it was technically time to get up, but we're getting there. It was nice to wake up before them and have a few minutes to have my coffee, feed Sullivan and get my head in the game. It's amazing what a little candy bribe can do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment