Kathryn can now say "there you go" and in the right context. She will say it to us as she hands us something. This is her first phrase! It is so cute...she kind of strings it all together, but you can definitely tell what she's saying. The other night, Owen started eating a pretend snack out of my hand. I have no idea where that came from, but it was the first time Bruce and I had seen him play pretend. Today Kathryn walked over to me and started doing the same thing. They're surprising us all the time with new words and tricks.
In other news, Charlie has a double ear infection and a tooth that needs to be pulled. He's going to get that taken care of on Monday and get a cleaning too. We felt terrible his ears looked so bad, but he's been acting like himself. The only clue I had that something might be bothering him was that I caught him chewing on the bricks around the fireplace the other day. Usually when he chews on strange things like that, it means his ears hurt/itch. His medicine should fix him up in no time and, because he's getting older, will need to have annual cleanings. Thank goodness vets here charge WAY less here than what they did in Virginia! Charlie is still up to his same old tricks. And by tricks I mean sleeping in his kennel or wherever he can avoid being hit by small children and their toys! His is a sweet companion; I can't believe he'll be seven this winter.
We received some happy news this morning. Parker's adoption is pending! For those of you who don't know, we decided that we needed to find Parker a new family that could give him the love and attention he deserves. In early March, Bruce drove Parker to Jackson to meet with a man who works with the Cavalier Rescue. Parker has been living with his family (and about nine other Cavaliers - if you know Parks, you know that's heaven for him!) and has adjusted well, lost a lot of weight and is off all of his medicine.
After thoroughly researching the Cavalier Rescue and their adoption policies, I told Bruce that would be the only way I could let Parker go. I knew he would be in the very best hands possible. They always have more applications than dogs, require all potential adopters to fill out the application and then wait six months to see if they are truly interested, send the foster families to check up on the dog and his/her new family at the one, three and six month mark and the adoptive families usually still wind up paying anywhere from $500-$700 to adopt a Cavalier. This helps keep the program running and covers the dog's medical bills, food, etc. while awaiting adoption. Anyway, it is an answered prayer and I'm hoping we get to see a picture of Parks with his new family soon. We miss him, but I know he's better off. I never thought I'd ever be able to give a dog away. Then I became a Mom and I was able to look at our situation in terms of what was best for Parker. Keeping him would have been selfish on our part and we would have done it to keep our hearts from hurting. Parks has a lot of life left to live and we wanted those years to be full of fun and excitement. I'm afraid we weren't able to give him much of either of those things in the last year and a half. He is a loyal, loving dog, full of life and the family that adopts him will be very lucky. We love you Parker!
Bruce and I have joined a gym and we're going in shifts so someone can be here with the babies. I'm not quite ready to put Sullivan in the daycare at the gym, although I know it's wonderful, I feel she needs to be a little older. If I send the big kids, I may as well send her because you know they'll bring home something to her. So we're waiting on that. I've gone twice this weekend and I didn't realize how much I missed working out. I've got 20 pounds to shed and I'll be back to my pre-twin pregnancy weight which is xxx. Yeah right, you think I'd put that on here for everyone to read? Just kidding. I'd like to be back to my good old size six, energized, a little less frazzled and toned. That's all I'm asking for. I'll get there - slow and steady wins the race right? I refuse to diet or set unrealistic goals. Life for me these days is all about balance and moderation.
A month or so ago I blogged about Sullivan's new pediatrician. Well, we've changed pediatricians again and this time I know we've made the right choice. Dr. Rhoden was terrific, but I wanted to find a practice that would allow us to follow Dr. Sears' vaccination schedule and we did. I took Kathryn in the other day to make sure her cold hadn't turned into an ear infection and Dr. Bristol gave her the all clear. Her ears looked perfect he said, but commented on how bruised her gums are from teething. This was no shock to me, those pesky bottom molars are almost through. He was wonderful and the office was incredibly happy and kid-friendly! It just felt right and we're sticking with this practice. Again, I'm thankful we have choices.
I think that's about all for now. It's raining here, I'm having the greatest cup of coffee ever and everyone in my house is asleep except for me! That never happens so I'm going to sign off and enjoy the peace and quiet. Sorry no pics this time, I'll post some later this week. Have a great weekend!
5.15.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment