We have been hard at work this week and last weekend crossing off last-minute to-do's. This week I've been trying to get to all the cleaning I can do with toddlers following me while Bruce is at work. Of course, cleaning with two curious one year olds is one step forward, two steps back. The floors might get clean, but there will inevitably be a ton of toys in the area I just cleaned because K and O needed to entertain themselves while I worked. So be it, I'm trying. I'm hit hard with the urge to "nest" before I give birth. I'm sure it has something to do with feeling in control when the unexpected, unknown or new is approaching. Regardless of why I nest, I get a clean house out of it! I've made the babies' schedules out and food lists for all of their meals and snacks and I'm probably the most anxious about how things will go here at home while I'm in the hospital. As it turns out we're going to have a lot more family in town then I had expected (which is GREAT!) so I know everyone will keep the babies entertained. They are just going through a picky-eating, clingy, cry-a-lot phase right now and I feel like they need me more right now than usual. Then again, maybe a break from the usual and distraction in the form of energetic grandmothers, grandfathers and uncles will be just what the doctor ordered for them.
I can't wait to meet Sullivan. In many ways this pregnancy has flown by and in other ways it feels like getting to this point has taken forever! I'm just ready for her to be here with us. I know with a newborn and two one year olds under the same roof there are many long days and nights ahead of us once she's home, but I don't care. I can't wait to bring her home. I'm constantly wondering who she'll look like, how big she'll be, what color her hair will be and so on. It's so exciting!
I guess that's all for now. Unless I go into labor before Wednesday, expect my next post to contain Sullivan's birth story and pictures! Here are a few pictures of our cutie pies from this week.
He's helping me sweep. Doesn't he look adorable in his camos?
Roll Tide! A future Bama cheerleader. She's looking more like her Daddy every day.
She was pushing the corn-on-the cob griller like he was pushing the dust broom. Whatever gets the job done right?
This was taken the first morning I gave them breakfast on a plate with their booster chairs pushed up to the table. It went pretty well! (Yes, it was still dark out.)


No comments:
Post a Comment