1.28.2010

The One Year Check-Up

Owen and Kathryn had their one year check-up today and they are both doing GREAT! They're hitting/have hit all of the major milestones expected for their age and are growing well. Owen weighed in at 21 lbs, 15 oz. and was 29 1/2 inches long; at birth he was 5 lbs, 4 oz. and 18 inches long. Kathryn weighed in at 25 lbs, 2 oz. and 31 inches long; at birth she was 7 lbs, 2 oz. and 20 inches long. They are staying true to their growth patterns with Owen in the 50th percentile and Kathryn somewhere between the 90th and 97th percentile.

They have both been pulling on their ears so I thought that we might be dealing with their first ear infections, but as it turned out the doctor said their ears looked great and it is teething pain. With teething I've learned to not make any predictions about when they'll cut through, which teeth are coming in and how many are coming in until you can see them. Sometimes it's days, sometimes it's weeks and you just never know. So as always I hope for their sake it passes soon and they have some pretty new pearly whites to show off for all of their discomfort. We started using toddler tooth brushes yesterday and they are doing well with them; today went much better than yesterday. Using the finger toothbrush wasn't really working for them anymore and I can't say I blame them. Just like everything else the earlier they start something the sooner they become comfortable with it.

I guess that's all for now. Yay for happy and healthy babies!! My 37 week appointment is tomorrow and if their is anything exciting to share, I'll post it tomorrow night. Coming soon...pictures of baby Sullivan's nursery.

No comments: