7.05.2012

What A Mess!

I walked downstairs yesterday to find this mess waiting for me (sorry for the grainy pic...camera phone). But hey, if everyone is happy, not fighting, and entertaining themselves, that's fine with me. Bruce and I call this the "sacrificial mess." Sometimes if you want to clean the upstairs you have to be willing to sacrifice the order and cleanliness of the downstairs. That's just the way it goes at this point in our lives. I sat on the stairs for a few minutes watching the babies play and it wasn't long before I started to think about how all-too-soon I'll walk in to a quiet, clean house day after day and my heart will long for the days of walking into a room to find a huge, unexpected mess. I don't like cleaning up these messes day-in and day-out, but I sure love the little angels that make them.


No comments: