6.12.2012

Waiting



I started school last week and yesterday I took my first online quiz and my first lab quiz. I'm going nuts waiting to find out how I did. I feel pretty good about both. I want to say I feel really good about them, but that feels like bad luck somehow. I'm hoping my grades will be posted by tonight...I'm a total stress-eater and I'm eating anything and everything I can get my hands on. No seriously, I started my day with a brownie with frosting if that tells you anything.

Later this week I'll take my first lecture exam (which covers about 100 - 120 PowerPoint slides) and next week I'll take my first lab exam. There's so much material to review between now and then and the lab exams are pure identification. I'll have to identify the internal parts of a fetal pig, human torso model, human skin model, parts of the cell and microscope. It's not that any of it is particularly hard, it's just a ton of information to remember. I had the hardest time falling asleep last night. I kept thinking about the torso model and labeling the parts in my head over and over again. I'm sure that huge cup of coffee before class didn't help much either though. Anyway, as stressful as it is and as much as I dislike studying after the rest of my family is in bed (at that point I want to crash too!), I'm enjoying class and I remember now how much I used to enjoy school. I enjoy it even more now that I'm taking it seriously and working towards a very specific goal. Fingers crossed for good grades coming my way!

1 comment:

Phyllis Ryan said...

You are a very bright woman and I know that you will do well. Love the updates about your lives. Hope you don't mind me looking in now and then.