9.17.2011

Fall Shoes

Yesterday Bruce and I took the kids to buy some fall shoes. The timing was actually perfect because they'd outgrown their summer shoes and, well, it's not really summer anymore. They needed dress shoes and tennis shoes. We bought Owen and Kathryn size nine shoes and Sullivan a size seven. That's a very long way from the little baby doll socks I put on the twins when they were born! The girls still could use a little pair of ballet flats or something for dresses and leggings, but I'll get those later on. I was really proud of the deals we found. The grand total came to $158, but that's for six pairs of shoes. Break that down, that's $26.33 per pair. Not bad in my book! I buy the kiddos' dress shoes from this web site. I like this company because the prices are fantastic, they sell several big name brands and carry simple, traditional, leather dress shoes. Also, it's free returns on all exchanges. That's a big plus when buying kid shoes online.

We went to Kids Foot Locker for the play shoes. Owen got an adorable pair of New Balance shoes and Sullivan and Kathryn got purple and pink Twinkle Toes, respectively. The Twinkle Toes were on sale for $20 a pair and with our military discount they wound up costing us just $16. Owen's shoes were a little more, but he's harder on his shoes so I don't mind paying a little more for something that will last a little longer. So to recap...Foot Locker stores give a 20% military discount! Sweet!

Owen's dress shoes - leather dress shoes for $25! What Mom doesn't LOVE that?
I got these for the girls in white. I'm still old school/Southern in the fact that I let my little girls wear white dress shoes year-round. I bought this same shoe for them last year and they're just precious in person.

This is a little off subject, but I've been thinking about bloomers lately. Even though Kathryn is potty-trained, I still put her bloomers/diaper covers on over her underwear. Is this odd? It seems natural to me and like the more modest option, but I'd like to hear from other Moms or anyone else who reads this blog. Bruce suggested K and S wear them until they're teenagers. I think that's taking it a bit far, but hey, that's a Dad for you. Vote in the poll at the top of the blog!

No comments: