Mom and me
Cathy and me
Celebrating with my three sweet babies
Time to make a wish! Those cupcakes are from Gigi's...amazing!
As promised, here are a few house shots for you. Each room still lacks something, but we're getting there and we really like our house. It took a little while to get used to the stairs and to all of the creaks and squeaks an older home makes. Not cool at night if you're a big chicken like me! We need furniture in some rooms, more wall decor in others, new picture frames for older pictures in our room and the sitting room, you get the idea. But like Bruce always says, we have more time than money and that's how we're approaching it.
The family room
The dining room - I need to get that picture of K and O up on the wall, curtains up, and some pictures up on that back wall. I would like to get some upholstered dining chairs to soften and brighten that dining set up a bit. We'll eventually pull up that white carpet...so not kid-friendly!
Kathryn and Owen's room
Sullivan's room - I think I'm going to hang pictures on the walls instead of those shelves...I just need to find the right pictures.
Owen's potty-training update
Two words: not now. We tried, but I can't do it by myself. It was too stressful for him and me. We had MANY accidents, but we also had many successful trips to the potty to go pee-pee. I think I realized I had taken on more than I could handle when Owen pooped on his towel (I make them sit on a big towel on the floor in case of an accident) and before I could come back with paper towels to clean it up...Charlie ate it! Disgusting. My original plan, which I think I mentioned in my last post, was to wait until November or December. I'm going back to that. Every now and then he wants to go potty so I let him and we make a big deal about it by praising and clapping, but I'm not doing anything official until Bruce comes home.
This doesn't have much to do with anything, but I thought since I'm doing a catch-up post I would mention this. I know I'll look back on this one day and laugh...or wonder how I did it. This is without a doubt the busiest I have ever been in my entire life. I am absolutely exhausted! :) Three toddlers, all of whom are either in a "no" or "I do it" phase, will keep you moving. I don't even know how to begin to explain it, but I'll try. As an example, I'll use snack time. I decide to make a snack for the kids, all three go to the fridge at different times while I'm trying to get their food ready. One's pulling out yogurt, one's biting into a huge unwashed apple that I know he/she won't finish, one's screaming at me for chocolate milk. One wants peaches with cottage cheese, one wants pears with yogurt, and one wants plain peaches and pears. K and O want to do everything themselves. Whether it's pouring milk, spreading jelly on their toast, or stirring my coffee, it's all about independence. Sullivan is learning new words every day and has figured out that to keep up and be heard, she has to be really loud when saying these new words! She says no to just about everything and has figured out that she can get up and walk out of time out when I'm not looking. Bed time and nap time seems to take forever when I'm on my own...one wants to go potty, then the other, one needs a drink of water, one wants to put on socks, someone unplugs the alarm clock and while I'm fixing it the other baby jumps out of bed and runs down the hall. Even if I weren't keeping up with my workouts, I'd still get plenty of cardio chasing these kids around the house, the yard, Target, wherever. Luckily, my body never feels tired. It's just my brain! There's so much to think about and I always try to stay one step ahead of the kids. Meals to make, diapers to change, laundry to fold, a house to clean, and babies to keep happy, I feel like I have numerous full-time jobs.
I remember thinking around Christmas last year that even though I was busy, my busiest days were still ahead of me. I somehow just knew that having a one-and-a-half year old and two two-and-a-half year olds would be one of the most challenging times in my life. Oh boy, was I right. BUT, with each passing day and each new challenge, there is new joy and I fall a little bit more in love with my children. Which I didn't think was even possible, but it's true, every day I love them more. There are some moments when I feel my heart is going to jump out of my chest because they do or say something so precious that I can't help but think to myself "this is it, this is why I wanted to become a mommy and have a family." In those moments, nothing else matters and I feel energized, proud, and happy. The other night we were about to say prayers with Grandmama and Mimi before bed. I asked Kathryn if she wanted to say a prayer for Daddy and she said "Yes, so he can be happy." Such a sweet, simple, pure thought - straight from a little girl's heart. Yesterday, I caught the kids "hiding" from me. They were all sitting in the living room, backs against the wall, side-by-side. I watched them for a few minutes before "finding" them and I just smiled as they hugged each other, talked to each other, and told each other to "shhhh so mommy won't find us." I love how they ask each other for help and problem-solve together now. Each night Owen and Kathryn want to walk with me to tuck Sullivan in and say good night to her. I pray their bond only strengthens as they get older, nothing could make me happier. So that's that. I guess today's post not only serves as an update for everyone out there, but as a journal for me as well. If you read this whole post, bless you for sticking with it!
And just for fun...some sweet pictures of our little ones from this week and last. I thought Bruce would like to see these, so these are for you Daddy! We can't wait to see you this weekend!
Bath time fun!
Bubble baby
This butterfly costume was a big hit this week.
My little man and his "billa pilla" (That means Gorilla Pillow).


No comments:
Post a Comment