So off I went to a new salon (Salon Bella in Ocean Springs) and I have to say I was very impressed with the girls who work there and the salon itself. I love my color and cut and they are reasonably priced. Here's the greatest part about today. Tammy, my stylist, cut off seven inches of hair and that hair will be sent to a woman in Long Beach who makes wigs (free of charge) for cancer patients. I've always wanted to donate my hair, but other programs require you to donate a minimum of 10 inches and it must be "virgin" hair (no bleach highlights allowed!). I know I'm not alone on this one; I feel a strange attachment to my hair. In a way, it's my security blanket. Cutting it used to be very traumatic for me and I'll admit that even today I came home and was like "Okay, this is going to take some getting used to." But how can I be sad about it when I know that the hair that used to make me feel good will now make someone else feel good? I can't. Isn't it silly to be afraid of something as simple as getting a hair cut? While I don't know if I'll keep this hair cut or if it's really "me," for now it's simple and fun - two things I could use on a daily basis here lately! Anyway, I just happened to have my camera yesterday so here are the pics.
6.17.2010
A Cut for a Cause
I got a new 'do today. I was really just going for highlights and a cut, but nothing too different. Then I was like "It's hot, I'm busy and I'm sick of dealing with all this hair, I'm going to really cut it." Okay, if you know me, you know my hair is my thing. Well, it used to be anyway. These days I'm lucky if I get to wash it every day - forget about styling. That is a luxury of the past my friends! It was starting to look shabby and I knew it, but hadn't had time to deal with it.
So off I went to a new salon (Salon Bella in Ocean Springs) and I have to say I was very impressed with the girls who work there and the salon itself. I love my color and cut and they are reasonably priced. Here's the greatest part about today. Tammy, my stylist, cut off seven inches of hair and that hair will be sent to a woman in Long Beach who makes wigs (free of charge) for cancer patients. I've always wanted to donate my hair, but other programs require you to donate a minimum of 10 inches and it must be "virgin" hair (no bleach highlights allowed!). I know I'm not alone on this one; I feel a strange attachment to my hair. In a way, it's my security blanket. Cutting it used to be very traumatic for me and I'll admit that even today I came home and was like "Okay, this is going to take some getting used to." But how can I be sad about it when I know that the hair that used to make me feel good will now make someone else feel good? I can't. Isn't it silly to be afraid of something as simple as getting a hair cut? While I don't know if I'll keep this hair cut or if it's really "me," for now it's simple and fun - two things I could use on a daily basis here lately! Anyway, I just happened to have my camera yesterday so here are the pics.



So off I went to a new salon (Salon Bella in Ocean Springs) and I have to say I was very impressed with the girls who work there and the salon itself. I love my color and cut and they are reasonably priced. Here's the greatest part about today. Tammy, my stylist, cut off seven inches of hair and that hair will be sent to a woman in Long Beach who makes wigs (free of charge) for cancer patients. I've always wanted to donate my hair, but other programs require you to donate a minimum of 10 inches and it must be "virgin" hair (no bleach highlights allowed!). I know I'm not alone on this one; I feel a strange attachment to my hair. In a way, it's my security blanket. Cutting it used to be very traumatic for me and I'll admit that even today I came home and was like "Okay, this is going to take some getting used to." But how can I be sad about it when I know that the hair that used to make me feel good will now make someone else feel good? I can't. Isn't it silly to be afraid of something as simple as getting a hair cut? While I don't know if I'll keep this hair cut or if it's really "me," for now it's simple and fun - two things I could use on a daily basis here lately! Anyway, I just happened to have my camera yesterday so here are the pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is so cute! Short 'n sweet, I like to call it. :)
the last time you cut it like this you cried!!! I'm impressed :) It looks great, as always!
Post a Comment