Kathryn is moving and rolling more and trying her hardest to pull up on things. She LOVES books, especially her colors book; she squeals and smiles every time we pick it up to read it to her. It's amazing how much she's trying to say these days and how closely she pays attention to us when we talk to her. Owen has learned how to stand and open the diaper pale (yuck!) and is drawn to anything with a cord; fans, humidifiers, lamps, baby monitor. Of course these things are kept out of his reach but that doesn't mean he hasn't figured out that he can still try to find them and grab them. Leave it to him to like the dangerous things. He's getting brave and letting go of things for a few seconds before falling. I've always heard that girls are talkers and boys are walkers and in our case it's definitely true. They are developing so differently and it's awesome to watch!
We are in the process of turning one of the guests rooms into a nursery for the new baby (we'll find out if it's a boy or girl in about 3 weeks). We've already bought the new crib and changing table and they are adorable! I've recently started feeling some little kicks and it's the greatest feeling in the world. The babies heart rate was 156 at my last appointment and I've gained eight pounds which is right on track to my thirty pound goal. The doctor wanted me to gain ten pounds by twenty weeks and then one pound a week thereafter. Although I am committed to this goal and no where near as hungry as I was with K and O, I have to admit some days it's hard when all I want to do is eat! Guess that covers everything, until next time...
Learning to drink like big boys and girls
Having a snack while we wait for Bruce to fly over the house
There he is! I was surprised by how fast his plane was and how quickly I had to try to take pictures.
Orange Beach in Alabama. Bruce and I took an overnight trip while my Mom watched the babies. The weather was perfect and the beach was beautiful. We got to sleep in until 7:30...what a treat!
Enjoying dinner out at Cafe Grazie...so delicious! We didn't really feel like we had to go out for seafood since we eat so much of it here at home.
Here I am at 16 weeks pregnant. Yes, I know I look bigger than 16 weeks, but the doctor said my uterus is nice and roomy from the twins. Thanks Doc! Hmmmm...do you think boy or girl? Vote at the top of our blog!
Cutie pies!


No comments:
Post a Comment